Traditional, Durable & Affordable
A shingle roof is a beautiful addition to any style of home, and whether you’re interested in getting a new one, or need repairs on your existing roof, we can help. Our roofers are ready to give you the problem-free, beautiful roof you’ve been dreaming of! Call to schedule your free, no-obligation inspection and estimate.
When it’s time to replace your shingle roof, there are a few signs to watch out for:
- Shingles that are curling or buckling, possibly letting water in the house.
- Any missing shingles.
- Granules or particles of shingles in the gutters, indicating the shingles are deteriorating.
- Any streams of light through the roof boards or moisture in the attic insulation are a definite sign of roof problems.
For a free roof inspection, call the experts at KEE Roofing today!
While 50 year shingles are made of quality materials and will last longer than 30 year shingles, the question of will they last 50 years is rather subjective. Many factors will impact the life of your shingles, including:
- How many storms your home endures – If a hurricane or hail storm occurs, your shingles could take a beating.
- The climate of your home – Our South Carolina summers can be brutal on a roof.
- Roofing maintenance – Have you had regular roof maintenance? If so, your roof will last longer.
While you technically can put new shingles over old ones, it is not a recommended practice for a few reasons:
- If an older shingle is damaged and buckled, it could cause leakage that would not be noticed because of the outer layer.
- The extra weight of two layers of shingles adds stress to the roof decking and can cause further roof problems.
- Two layers of shingles causes more insulation and heat than one layer and can shorten the lifespan of your roofing materials.
- Any extra layering will invalidate the shingle manufacturer’s warranty.
- There could be issues with home inspections later on down the road.
To learn more call the experts at KEE Roofing today!
Shingle Roof Replacement
No matter your taste in shingle roofs or your budget, we’ve got a style to match it! We offer all the basic types of shingles, plus dozens of designs, colors and shapes that can even replicate other roof types. Call to get a free estimate on any of our roofing services, including the repair or replacement of:
Wood Shake Shingles
It’s no secret that shingle roofs have been one of the most popular residential roofing types for decades, and for good reason. They are affordable, fairly easy to maintain and don’t have the restrictions or prerequisites for your home many other materials do.
For example, if you were to get a natural slate roof, your home would have to be reinforced to bear the significant weight of slate. When we use an architectural shingle that replicates slate, you almost can’t tell the difference from the ground; however, your shingle roof will cost you much less and there is no need for structural reinforcements!
If you’re looking at getting a new shingle roof, call us to get a free estimate. Our roofing contractors are certified installers by not one, but two of the nation’s largest shingle manufacturers. Not only will our work ensure you need minimal maintenance and repairs over the years, but our architectural shingles have a lifetime warranty! Plus we offer a 10-year leak-free workmanship warranty with every new full shingle roof replacement!
Shingle Roof Repair
Shingle roofs are wonderful in many ways, but they can be damaged by strong winds, rain, hail or other wear and tear that occurs over time. If you’re missing shingles, have bald patches, granule buildup in your gutters or streaks running down your shingle roof, call us for fast and effective roof repair.
Plus, if your shingle roofing system has been damaged by storm related events and you are owed money by your insurance company, we’ll work with you to make sure all of your damage is pointed out and addressed properly. Call now to schedule your free initial consultation!